WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
While being part of the group management team, Head of Legal will primarily provide commercial and regulatory legal support to the company group-wide business. The role will have a broad scope that involves a wide and interesting range of legal work, including drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, regulatory and gambling related compliance, oversee M&A projects, marketing and promotional review, international development and bespoke projects.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead a legal team providing legal advice to a listed industry leading business on deals and providing valuable support for potential new business opportunities.
- Providing legal support for all stakeholders in the organization
- Preparation, review and negotiation of commercial contracts
- Reviewing and advising on marketing promotions and advertisements
- Managing and advising on legal, compliance and regulatory issues relating to international betting and gaming laws and licensing
- Researching and advising on a range of legal matters such as trademarks and copyright, IP matters, data protection laws/GDPR and compliance concerning the group
- Implement and manage policies, procedures and guidelines to ensure compliance with legal requirements
- Manage external legal consultancy
- Manage and oversee the legal part of M&A (Mergers & Acquisitions) projects
- Advising on day to day legal queries from the business
- Advising and assisting in responding to customer complaints and external dispute resolution
- Advising on legal and commercial risks, potential impacts and proposing creative solutions
- Ad hoc projects and business development opportunities as they arise
Requirements for candidates
- Degree in Law, at least 5 years of experience gained in-house or in a leading private practice. Industry experience in gaming will be considered as an advantage
- Experience of working in a stock listed company will be considered a plus
- Highly motivated and pro-active, with excellent attention to detail and an ability to find sound commercial solutions to challenging legal and commercial issues
- Organized, with business mind-set, fast learner, with flexible attitude and able to work in a fast-paced, international business environment
- Fluency in English. Fluency in one of the Baltic languages, Russian or Swedish will be considered as an advantage
- Ability to organize, prioritize and plan effectively as well as having a desire to learn and develop
- Ability to work autonomously while still being a great team player, with strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to build rapport and establish trust at all levels
- The successful candidate will need either to have an understanding of or quickly develop an understanding of this industry and the legal issues which affect it
- Great opportunity to take part in the development of growth- and sales-driven company and build its future
- Dynamic work in a rapidly-growing international company with personal development possibilities
- Professional team with various, international backgrounds to collaborate
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Opportunity for career development
How To Apply
This position is based in Riga, Latvia / Tallinn, Estonia. Please send your CV and motivation letter in English to [email protected] with a subject line HEAD OF LEGAL. Deadline for applying: December 28th, 2018 at 00:00. Your application will be handled confidentially.
Please be aware that your resume will be stored in our database for the next 6 months. You are entitled to request deletion of your resume at any time.